Marjori, Pharmacist & Owner
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
- Injection Certified
- Locums in the Arctic Baffin Regional Hospital and Inuvik General Hospital
- Clinical Pharmacist at St Michael’s Hospital, Toronto, ON
- Clinical Pharmacist London Health Sciences and Sudbury Health Sciences, Oncology
- Pharmacy Manager at the Collingwood General and Marine Hospital
- 9 years Hospice Georgian Triangle Board of Directors
- previous owned and operated 2 pharmacies in Wasaga Beach
Present : Purchased Meaford IDA!
Personal: Lives in Meaford; originally from Northern Ontario (Sudbury area)
Marjori has 2 awesome sons (one works at the IDA) and 2 awesome grandchildren. Likes downhill skiing and working out.
More interesting things: Loves bull dogs; watches UFC; can’t cook.
Mitch, Staff Pharmacist
- BSc in Biomedical; BSc in Pharmacy from University of Waterloo
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Injection Certified
- Completed advance courses in Geriatric Care; Renal (kidney) Care; Psychopharmacology and Anticiagulation
Experience: Community pharmacy, Hospital, Military and Longterm Care
Personal: Has a beautiful wife and two beautiful children . Lives in Meaford and enjoys jogging, kayaking, cycling, camping, woodworking, and eating!
More interesting things: Mitch ran a Half Marathon (for real!), and he can smoke a decent rack of ribs.
Dawn, Pharmacy Technician
- Registered Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacy since 2012
- Dawn has been in the pharmacy setting since 1999, working in Meaford since 2008 (lucky 13 years! ) She is known by many and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Meaford IDA and takes excellent care of our patients.
Personal: Dawn is artistic, loves bull dogs and trucks, has issues cooking Christmas turkey dinners
Dana, Customer Service | Pharmacy Assistant
Dana is a high school student and has been working over a year at the Meaford IDA in Customer Service and as a Pharmacy Assistant. She enjoys music (plays piano and other instruments) and enjoys concerts. She is also a volunteer with our local theatre group, the Rocklyn Country Theatre.
Dana is looking forward to a post secondary school education in the medical field. She loves the knowledge and experience she is gaining caring for our wonderful customers.
Teresa, Pharmacy Assistant
Born and Raised in Meaford, Teresa worked out front at Lin's Pharmacy through high school from 1988 to 1991. She returned in 1993 as a pharmacy assistant, until Lin's sold to Muxlow's Pharmacy in 2004. She joined Meaford IDA in May, 2020.
Personal Interests: Happily married to Dean, with two sons, Zach and Zane. Book work for her family welding business. She loves hosting big dinners for friends and family, and enjoys the outdoors, especially up North.
Her favourite thing about working in Meaford is helping to take care of "my people". "This is my hometown, I’m related to many people in town, and I know my neighbours. My customers
aren’t just numbers; they are my people, and I love taking care of them. I feel that I make a difference, and I know they do for me.
Jake, Customer Service | Inventory | Pharmacy Assistant | Backup Delivery Driver...
...Coffee Runner | Errand person | and Marjori's son
Jake was born in Collingwood, and lives in both Collingwood and Meaford at present. Ambitious from a young age, he applied for a job the second he was able, and has worked in the Georgian Bay area since he was 13. He started with Meaford IDA Pharmacy in 2020.
Jake recently finished high school, and heads to the University of Toronto in the fall of 2021, with plans for law school – and working at Meaford IDA when he can!
Personal Interests: Jake has been doing martial arts since he was three years old, and he enjoys hiking and long-distance running.
His favourite things about working in Meaford are, "The fantastic customers! Everyone is so kind. I love the sense of community spirit, and my coworkers are hilarious."